Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mixed feelings

Jordan will be 6 weeks old tomorrow, so I'm returning to work on Tuesday. I am ready to have a break from being home with Jordan all the time, but it is going to be a major adjustment. Pitifully I'm tearing up thinking about being away from Jordan so much and handing her over to strangers. I'm so glad she'll be right there in my building so I can pop in at lunch or whenever I start to miss her too much and can watch her on the daycare cameras.

I took Jordan to a baby shower today, and I'm happy to report that she behaved very well. I was so nervous she would throw a fit and scare the mother to be and was happily surprised that she was very good. Many of the women commented on how alert she was. Jordan always loves looking around and often gets irritated if you don't change her scenery often enough.

On that note, here is a picture of Jordan hanging out in her bouncer but reaching for me. She always has her arms, hands and legs going, but I love when she seems to be reaching for me.

And this is a self-portrait kind of shot during a moment of peace when Jordan and I were home alone together. Often after a bottle and some burping, she loves to sleep on my shoulder, holding on to make sure I don't put her down.


1 comment:

Paula said...

congrats on the little girl...she is beautiful

Wendy's friend,
Paula