Sunday, October 28, 2007

Surviving

Last weekend Jordan attended her first baby shower. My friend from work, Marsha, is due right before Christmas, so we went through a lot of pregnancy stuff together. When Marsha came to visit in the hospital, I told Jordan she had to be good so she didn't scare Marsha. We had the same talk before the shower (not that I really thought it would work either time), so I was happily surprised that Jordan didn't cry or fuss at all. When the quivering lip appeared, I gave her a bottle and all was right with the world.


Then, at the firm Halloween party on Friday, Marsha held Jordan in her Halloween costume. Don't you just love the sea shells on her chest?!? I didn't know until later that Marsha had never held a baby under 6 months of age, so I'm glad I took a picture of the big occasion. At the start of the Halloween party, Jordan was extremely alert and looking around at everyone and everything. By this point, however, she was dead to the world in a cat nap.

I'm happy to report that we survived our first week back at work. I was pretty tired much of the time, but we all seem to be doing better in a routine. Jordan has been sleeping better and has only been doing 1 middle of the night feeding for the last few nights. We were home alone for most of Thursday evening, and I was reminded of how sweet she can be when we are alone. When I visit Jordan in day care during the week, I love that she looks up at me with her beautiful eyes and really seems to recognize me.

3 comments:

TwinMommyLawchick said...

OMG, she's a merbaby! Are you dressing her up on Tues? I'll be in St. Albans and if so I'll stop by on the way to my MIL's house. Don't worry, I won't have the kids with me! But we do talk about Baby Jordan all the time, so when she's bigger we'll have to do a play date!

Katie said...

As long as Jordan is awake and in a half-way cooperative mood, she will be greeting trick or treators in costume at the house on Tues evening. We'd love to have you stop by.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Jordan is beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving. Anne