Sunday, July 13, 2008

First step without holding onto anything!

Ever since Jordan figured out how to crawl, I've wished I had a faster camera. It is nearly impossible to get her to smile for the camera for more than a second here and there. Oh, well. Here are a few pics from the day of the Smoke on the Water chili cook-off. Jordan looked adorable in this little capri outfit, if I do say so myself...

Who needs toys when you can play with a camera case?

Who, me?
Jordan spent last night with her Ma Maw and her cousin Zach. When her Ma Maw brought her home today, Dave went to the basement while Jordan and I stayed upstairs in the living room. She was standing up with these little shape toys in each hand. She was dying to hand one of the shapes to me and was so excited that she forgot she wasn't hanging onto anything. She took a step or 2 without holding on to anything. I, of course, screamed and clapped for her. Dave was disappointed he missed it, especially since she refused to do a repeat performance all evening. I had a secret fear that her first steps would be at daycare where Dave and I would both miss it. I'm so excited I was the one who got to see her first unassisted step!

2 comments:

CBRESQ said...

Very cool!!! Good for Jordan (and you). Vivian is balancing herself better, but I think we are still a little ways off from her first steps.

Kimberly said...

well your in for it now! Congrats! You never get to sit down again!