Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy birthday to me!

Well, I've officially crossed over the line and am no longer in my twenties. Of course, I went out in style with a party that was more for the kids than the adults (if you ignore the delicious margaritas and the beer). We didn't have a big group, but the kids seemed to have a good time, even if Emma accidentally went into the pool and little Hope smashed her finger in the cooler. When I put Jordan in the wagon for a ride around the pool, the under 4 set all decided to take a ride, as well. Can you say, "Wagon full o' trouble"? I thought it was adorable, but it was truly impossible to get 5 kids exhausted from swimming to look at the same camera at the same time.


I was determined that Jordan was going to wear this dress before she outgrew it, so she started the party in this lovely Polo ensemble.

I wasn't sure if we were going to do the cook-out for a little while because Jordan had a heck of a virus most of last week. Last Sunday she started running a low grade fever, so she stayed home with my mom on Monday. Tuesday we had a well baby visit scheduled, and she was fine, so she got 4 shots and went to day care. She threw up her peas there, but they thought it was probably just due to the shots. On my way home that evening she projectile vomited all over my backseat several times. We ended up back at the pediatrician's office on Thursday afternoon because we needed to make sure she was not dehydrated and that it was just a virus. Thursday and Friday were pretty rough, but she woke up much more like her usual self on Saturday. She was still a little extra cranky on Saturday and Sunday, but she is doing much better now (knock on wood!).

6 comments:

CBRESQ said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Katie!!! Looks like the kids had a good time (where are the pics of the birthday girl?) Anyway, I hope Jordan is over the virus and doing well.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing as the last comment,where are the pictures of the birthday girl? I hope Jordan is feeling better so certainly looks cute in her polo outfit. When I read the post about the projectile vommit I wonder sometimes why I am trying so hard to have a baby:) Megan

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You can ask Carrie about this...I have a terrible reputation for thinking that birthdays are a few days after they actually are. I was all set to wish you the best birthday ever...on the 25th!! Ugh. Sorry I missed the real day. It sounds, and looks, like there was fun had by all -- although we wouldn't know because there are no pics of you :)
Hope little Jordan is doing all better and I hope that my baby never learns the fine art of projectile vomitting.

Elizabeth

carriewv said...

Happy Birthday! Great little outfit! BTW, what's up with all these babies dressing way cooler than me!? haha

Paula said...

Love the outfit..I am glad you had a great birthday! I too will be cross over this year...

Anonymous said...

Katie, Happy belated birthday, and welcome to the world of the senior citizens. Sounds like the old Mom and Robert pulled off a fun birthday. Bet your friends enjoyed her great cooking. Anne