Tuesday, August 5, 2008

DEFENSE VERDICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a pictureless totally bragging due to excitement post. Our trial began with selecting the jury at 9am today. Before lunch we had opening statements and the testimony of the Plaintiff by video (recorded 2 weeks ago). After lunch we had the remaining 3 witnesses and closing statements. The jury was out only like 20 minutes before coming back with a defense verdict on both claims. Woo!hoo! When we were sitting there for a couple of minutes after we knew the jury had a verdict, I soooooo felt like I was going to pee my pants. Since I had the police officer defendant beside me at counsel table, I was especially nervous. I am so excited to say I have my first trial under my belt and that we won- even if I only got to question 1 witness. Woo!hoo!

We are having a fancy celebration this evening once Pizza Hut gets here...

7 comments:

Jenny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm really glad that your first trial was a win, it's way more fun that way! Although, I have to admit I am a little jealous that while you were having fun in trial that I was stuck at home...

CBRESQ said...

Party on you wild woman!!! Congrats. So do you get the rest of the week off as a reward? I know better, but wouldnt that be nice. Good job KatMac, you make us all proud:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! I love having a smart friend. In the Bowlby house, good things are always celebrated with pizza!
Megan

Paula said...

congrats

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!! I know you have it. Relax and read that baby some books. Enjoy your success. Anne

Katie said...

Thanks ladies! For those who have asked, I don't get any kind of bonus or time off for assisting in the win. Actually, I'll probably have a 12 hour day tomorrow. Oh, well.

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on winning your first trial!! Isn't it fun?!? I love doing them...minus all the chaos that comes before it. But the trial themselves are great!!! Woo hoo for you!!