Saturday, September 6, 2008

So many books, so little time

Jordan really seems to like books these days, but she will not sit still to allow us to read her an entire book. Right now she is more into the soft and squeaky and hard books with tabs she can open or toes she can wiggle (seriously- thanks for that one Mom). It is never enough to have only one book out though, as evidenced by these pictures.


When she is taking a break from "reading" her books, our dog, Maddie, is her best buddy. Jordan is so excited to see Maddie when we get home each day, and Maddie equally happy to meet us at the car and try to lick Jordan's toes as we carry her inside. They really are cute together. Maddie sneaks in as many licks as possible, but that is normal for her since she licks everything all of the time, including the carpet. Jordan has gotten better about petting Maddie instead of hitting. Thankfully, even when she hits Maddie either takes it or just runs away.


So, Jordan is now only 4 days away from her 1st birthday. I think we have most everything for her party, though we are missing some RSVP's. I really hope a lot of friends and family come for this one since she has only 1 first birthday. My dad is going to drive up for the weekend and will see Jordan walking for the first time. I guess a lot of people at the party will see her walking that have never seen her walking before.

And now another ultimatum. Since the last 2 posts illicited only 1 comment combined (thanks CBR), I'm waiting on at least 4 comments before updating the blog so THAT MEANS YOU!

8 comments:

Paula said...

Lydia and I are here...I cannot wait to see pictures of her first birthday...

Anonymous said...

We also look in on little Jordan quite often. She's quite a cutie! I hope she has a wonderful first birthday! I'm so sorry that Bryce and I will miss it!

Wendy and Bryce

CBRESQ said...

You are welcome! Thank you for your post. Vivian will be to Charleston sometime, I promise.

Elizabeth said...

I promise you Kat Mac that I read your blog daily (or at least every other day recently) but it takes me an hour to get my comment to post!! I hate our connection. I am just going to sit here and feed Ainsley and hit refresh as many times as necessary to get this to post...I don't want to miss out on Jordan and her parents!! Keep posting...and I know the feeling about lack of commenting...I get the same thing!! xoxo

Kimberly said...

Yes sir!! I still can't believe it's been a year already!

Megan said...

I wish I could come to the party :(

Anonymous said...

Katie, i AM A TERRIBLE RESPONDER. yoUR MOM SAID SHE TOLD YOU ONE OR TWO OF US WERE COMING. LOOKING FORWARD. FORGIVE THE DELAY. FIRSTS ARE TOO FUN. LOVE, ANNE

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful first birthday for Baby Jordan. She had a ball and so many people there who love her. Thanks for including me. Anne