Monday, September 7, 2009

Bald Head

On what we thought was our last full day in NC we spent the morning on Bald Head Island. It is a neat little island where the main mode of transportation is to ride around on golf carts, which I must say were surprising expensive to rent for a couple of hours. We rode around the island and explored on our golf cart while getting off at some of public beach access points. Jordan was not in the mood for pictures much of the day, and the golf cart made things interesting. At one point Dave's hat blew off, and he had a minor pop spill incident, also in the golf cart.

Here is Jordan on one of the beach access walkways.


Dave holding her since she wasn't so willing to pose on her own. Notice the ocean in the background.

Bald Head Island is also the home of Old Baldy, a neat old lighthouse that is no longer in service. It was closed that day due to a pirate event in the afternoon (thus the pirate behind the fence). I quickly realized there was no way I was fitting Jordan and the entire lighthouse in a single picture.



So, Dave posed with Jordan much further from Old Baldy. I tried to hold her for some pictures, but by this point she was not the happiest baby, so the only ones I have of the 2 of us show her with her head on my shoulder. We were bribing her with cookies to pose for pics, but she still wasn't into it. Oh, well.


And a pic from my phone of the beautiful scenery at one of the public beach access points. It was gorgeous!! You can see the mainland in the distance.






1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I was nervous for a second when I read the title Bald Head...I was expecting to read about a gum in the hair type of incident! Ha. Looks pretty neat and the pics are great too, even if she wasn't in the mood!!