Thursday, September 10, 2009

My 2 year old baby girl

It seems like yesterday I held you for the first time. I was so scared taking you home because the nurses wouldn't be there to watch you when we were sleeping. I woke up so many times that first night to make sure you were still breathing in the cradle beside the bed. Now you are learning to do front rolls, climbing the ladder to your swingset without any help and even swinging on the rings in your gymnastics class.

You don't miss a thing. When I walked in the door with your giant cupcake last night, inside of its plastic container and 2 grocery bags, you immediately asked what was in the bag and kept telling me you wanted cupcakes. Since I had mentioned it 30 minutes earlier, you knew that is what I had. You are so strong and strong willed. You have to have it your way or no way, which is why you threw a fit this morning when you did not want to wear your shoes to "kool" since my shoes looked so inviting. Everyone keeps implying that you get that from me, but I don't know about that...

You give the best hugs, and when you are in the mood for kisses, you give them, a lot. Every freckle is a boo boo, so it must be kissed. You love to sing Twinkle, Twinkle and humming it is almost as much fun. Occasionally you'll mix Happy Birthday with Twinkle like only you can do. Hearing you count to 9, always skipping 4, is adorable, even if you refuse to believe that 4 exists. Your recent love of rocks is pretty cute. I'm guessing not too many kids keep their rocks in a purple satin box like you do though.

I hope you have a great second birthday and that your next year is as amazing as the last 2 years. You are loved by so many, and I hope you always know how much you are loved, especially by your parents. We love you baby girl!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HI BIG EYE'S!!"Nanna and Bobo" think about you everyday(minute).ALWAYS!! Don't forget us.

CBRESQ said...

It is crazy how quick they grow. I know you have a ton of great memories and are looking forward to making more. She is such a neat girl. God bless your family.

Jenny said...

She is a sweetie. I miss seeing her in the mornings at daycare! I hope that she had a very happy birhtday.