Saturday, February 23, 2008

Craziness around here

Things have been very hectic around here lately. We closed on the new house on Wednesday, found out on Thursday that the seller could not locate a single key to the house, bought a new lock on Thursday, the contractor started working at the house on Friday morning, he replaced the lock on Friday, the carpet installer measured for carpet on Friday and the cabinet guy came to the house to confirm the measurements and make necessary changes. I had depos in Madison on Thursday afternoon, so Jordan went with me. Both of the grandmothers met me in Madison and Ma Maw took her to her house for 2 whole nights. I have to admit that Thursday evening without her was pretty lonely.

On Friday, I spent 3 hours waiting on a 10 minute status conference, which somehow sucked all of my energy. After work, Dave and I met at the new house where I took a few measurements and he started taking down some of the kitchen cabinets so the contractor can rip out the soffit above the upper cabinets before we move in since that should be a dusty job. We went to Home Depot and bought a vanity and vanity top for our bathroom, and Dave dropped the vanity on his toe trying to load it into the Jeep. Of course, I didn't realize he was really in pain and couldn't stop giggling, which didn't go over so well. But anyway... the next errand was to Lowe's where we ordered carpet, cabinets, appliances, the countertop and sink. We also bought and brought home 7 gallons of paint and a bunch of paint supplies, tile for both bathrooms and grout. Whew!!!! Tired yet? We sure were. We ended up leaving my car at the new house, grabbing fast food dinner at 9:30pm and coming home.

The plans for today are to wipe down some of the walls and begin painting. Then, we will go retrieve my sweet girl. Speaking of sweet, this is how she fell asleep the other evening. I'll explain the pink bear later. I hope you guys have a little more calm around your house than we do. Wish us luck!


4 comments:

CBRESQ said...

Glad it's you sister!!! I know how fixing a house goes and it is always a big job. I wish you guys luck and energy as you tackle this job. How about posting a picture of your new place sometime. I cannot wait to come visit when you get settled in! Take care.

TwinMommyLawchick said...

And this is why I will never be able to buy a house that isn't brand new. We just don't "do" repairwork. Not that we don't do it well, we don't do it at all. I'm envious of all those who have the ability or whose spouse has the ability.

I think we're gonna have to build our next house. Sigh.

Paula said...

Good Luck with all that!

Anonymous said...

I have seen the "before" and I have seen the "in progress" and I know what the "after" should look like and I must say that Katie and Dave are doing a GREAT job!!! I can't wait to see the finished product when Katie has a big house warming party and/or a big 30th birthday bash for all of us girls!!

Jenny