Friday, February 15, 2008

I think I can, I think I can...just not yet

A few evenings ago Jordan and I were in the floor playing. She started out sitting up in front of me and then fell forward onto her stomach. Next thing I knew, she was pushing up. She kept kicking her legs behind her but couldn't manage to get anywhere.

Then she gave up and laid her head on her hands, though she really didn't whine.


And she rubbed her eyes, which has become a favorite activity when she is tired.


She started trying again.


But then gave up again.

Jordan figured out last week that she can scoot a little on her back, though she hasn't done it much on carpet. She loves sitting up now, but when I tried to take a picture of her sitting up, she fell backwards and got upset. It is so amazing to watch all of the little things she is figuring out and how she grows and changes each day.

On a side note, we close on the new house on Wednesday. We'll have about 3 weeks to work on the house before we move in, though the kitchen cabinets and countertops probably won't be replaced until we are living there because they take 2-4 weeks to come in. The contractor is going to start gutting the master bath the day after the closing, and we'll have the windows replaced shortly thereafter. I am excited and nervous about all of the projects for the house. Dave brought home some boxes today, so the reality of packing is starting to set in. Any volunteers to help us paint, pack and move?

On a sad note, a friend's high school age cousin accidentally took his own life yesterday. While it sounds corny, make sure everyone you care about knows how much they mean to you because life is truly fragile.

3 comments:

CBRESQ said...

Like the picture story. It is so hard watching them be frustrated but I guess it is all part of the process. I hope all goes well with your new place but I don't envy you having to pack up to move. Good luck.

Kimberly said...

I'm telling you, it's all over once she figures out that whole crawling thing!

Paula said...

those pictures of her are too cute. lydia is trying to figure out walking..she will just stand there, get mad, the plop down to crawl...but jordan looks so adorable