Sunday, March 23, 2008

Caught blue pawed... and celebrating St. Patrick's day

I'm sure I've mentioned our dog and 2 cats before, and you've seen pics of Maddie, our dog. Last weekend we were painting our bedroom blue while Jordan was spending time with her Nana. That evening, I went into our bedroom to find this:

My first suspicion was my cat, Sloopy, who is generally very curious. Since he is almost all black, I knew it would be easy to tell if he had walked through the paint. Surprisingly, he was innocent. We checked Maddie's paws and found that she didn't have any paint on them either. Then, we checked Miss Kitty who, sure enough, had 1 blue front paw and 1 blue back paw. Apparently she walked through the paint tray that Dave left on the floor and just kept right on going. Thankfully, the paw prints in the hallway where we intend to leave the hardwood exposed were very faint. All we could do at that point was laugh.

Last Monday was, of course, St. Patrick's Day. It was also my friend Amanda's and my Uncle John's birthdays, as well. Although my family is Scottish rather than Irish, I found these cute St. Patty's day items which Jordan had to sport for the holiday. Since green beer seems inappropriate for an infant, I thought these were a good way to show her celebratory spirit.


And Jordan in the floor at daycare on St. Patty's day since I didn't have time to take her picture before going to work that morning. Monday mornings are always hectic.

And for anyone following our home improvement/Lowe's stinks saga, the manager of the local Lowe's store called Friday and yesterday and was apologetic. The carpet is supposed to be installed tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it. The cabinets are supposed to be delivered on Tuesday, so please keep your fingers crossed that all of the cabinets are in good condition so they can be installed as soon as the contractor is finished on his current job.

3 comments:

Paula said...

sorry about the house worries. i am not looking forward to get our chimmney worked on...then the repair work on our walls...

Anonymous said...

Jordan is very cute in her St. Paddy's Day attire!

Jenny

CBRESQ said...

I am down with kitty cat paw prints. It happened to us out on the side porch and into the house. I cleaned up the inside prints, but the porch prints are cool.

I do not envy your Lowes problem. That sucks.