Thursday, January 22, 2009

Miss Independent

Lately Jordan is becoming more insistent about feeding herself. With some foods that is fine while others, like ravioli, not so much. While I was getting my hair cut on Saturday, Jordan and Dave did lunch. Actually, I guess Jordan did lunch while Dave took pictures. This bib has obviously seen better days.

A spoon isn't really a necessity for pasta- right?

And then Dave took a picture of the poor child chewing and talking at the same time and cutting the top of her head off in the picture.

So, the pulmonologist didn't really tell us much this visit except the usual- keep doing what you're doing. He agreed with us that Jordan probably had a cold rather than RSV, but we definitely weren't asking for a q-tip to be rammed up her nose to tell whether it was actually RSV. Considering how unhappy she is to have her head measured at well baby visits, I can't imagine the q-tip thing would go over well. She came back to day care yesterday and both mornings has seemed more clingy when I was leaving. Some of the kids in her class have left recently, so I figure that is part of it.
We plan to work on our basement again this weekend, so Jordan will spend Saturday night with Nana and Bo Bo. I love when one of the grandmothers calls "dibs" early in the week!

2 comments:

CBRESQ said...

She looks like she is eating well - the bigger the mess the better. I am glad - Vivian still refuses to eat things that have a tomato base (no ravioli for her). Hope you and Dave get a lot of work done this weekend.

The Stewart's said...

Katie - she is getting so big. Self feeding is great - minus the cleaning up afterwards. I also LOVE a "dibbs" call from one of the grandparents!!