Sunday, February 1, 2009

New favorite accessory

Jordan used to love picking up my purse (and most bags), putting them on her arm and waving "bye, bye". While she still does this on occasion, she has a new favorite accessory- my scarves. I promise neither of us ever put one on her. She just started picking them up and putting them on. Some are so long she trips over them, but it only slows her down temporarily.

This picture cracks me up because it looks like she a homeless baby model.

Now she just looks homeless.

It's a good thing this homeless baby still has toys.

Jordan claimed ownership of the plastic Halloween candy bowl/bucket a long time ago, so it stays with her toys. It also works like a purse.

Yesterday I ran errands while Dave and Jordan had some quality time together at the house, Circuit City and Dick's. Jordan acted like she may take a nap, and then that glimmer of hope faded. At 2pm we went to Chuck E Cheese for the first time- sans nap. Jordan was terrified of every ride and wouldn't even get on the slide, but she loved the singing mouse. She and her friends Jacob and Cameron got a sketch done by one of the machines, and she liked it so much that she screamed bloody murder as I pulled her away from the machine when our turn was over. She continued screaming, arching her back and smacking me until we got outside where she went home with MaMaw. Of course, once she was in the car with MaMaw, she went almost straight to sleep. My view on Chuck E Cheese- not again for quite a while! It really wasn't that bad except for the fact the place was completely and totally packed and hotter than the depths of hell made worse by the fact I had to carry Jordan around most of the time. When we pulled up, there was a line out the door of more than 10 people. When we were leaving, I think there were more like 20 people waiting outside in the 30 degree weather waiting to get in. A friend at the party told me that he and his family go there about every 3 weeks and that there are usually about 20% of the people there as what we experienced yesterday. I'm not sure I'm buying it!



2 comments:

TwinMommyLawchick said...

I have not been to Chuck E. Cheese, but I've talked to people who have been there and Billy Bob's in Huntington and most seem to prefer Billy Bob's. I think it's like Kiddie Vegas. hehe. I'm sure the cold weather brings more people out!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thebeautiful pics. Suck up Chuckee's, it is over too soon. Love you Anne