Saturday, February 14, 2009

100 posts- first time playing in the snow

So, according to blogger, this is my 100th post. That seems like a lot when you stop to think about it. I hate to disappoint you, but unlike shows that have a big party and cake to celebrate the 100th episode, I just have some cute pictures of Jordan checking out real snow for the first time.

As most of you reading this know, in late January we had a couple of decent snowfalls resulting in enough snow to actually play in. Unfortunately, we didn't get Jordan's sled blown up. She did, however, get to check out real snow for the first time. We let her play outside for a little bit after we got home from work/daycare, so she didn't get into her snowsuit or gloves.


Snow is much more fun with a friend. Maddie was happy to help.


And when Jordan fell on her butt...


...Daddy was there to pick her up and warm her cold hands.


Of course, then he followed up by hitting her with a snowball! She thought it was funny, so it was all good.

We hope all is well with everyone and wish each of you a Happy Valentine's Day. On that note, a quick story about the flowers Dave sent me at work yesterday. He ordered a vase of lilies to be delivered yesterday, and they arrived looking beautiful. When I opened the card, I found a heartfelt greeting about eternal love and how much ALEX appreciated me standing by him. I cracked up since I don't know any Alex and the message was not at all anything Dave would write. I called the company so they could try to get a new card to the Lindsey who was supposed to get the card I got, and they read Dave's card to me. I'm telling you, these things only happen to us (and apparently Alex and Lindsey). At least it gave several of us a laugh.




3 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like the snow was a big hit!! And I love the flowers story, I have laughed about that all weekend. Poor Dave...

Elizabeth said...

Glad she likes the snow...Ainsley can't get enough of it!! She falls asleep as soon as we put her in her sled. Poor Dave but great that he got you flowers!!

CBRESQ said...

That is too funny about the card mix-up. What did Dave's card say to Lindsey? Glad Jordan enjoys the snow. I cannot wait for spring when the kids can be outside more.