Tuesday, March 10, 2009

18 months- random picture day

For some reason 18 months seems like a huge milestone. Jordan suddenly looks so grown up. She is saying more every day, even if we don't understand all of it. She is tall enough to reach some things on the bathroom counter top and will soon be big enough to reach the stove- not looking forward to that. She can also reach the water and ice dispenser on the freezer door which is not child proof. When I asked the guy at Lowe's about child proofing it, he looked at me like I had 3 heads. Any suggestions for that problem?

I dread the day when Jordan no longer claps for my terrible singing like she does now and instead screams because I'm embarrassing her. I love that she is amused by both of us patting our legs at the same time and that the surprised face back and forth is hilarious. I'm sure she won't keep running stuff to the trash for us, which is a great way to distract her when necessary. Have I mentioned how cute it is when she screams "Bubbles!" as soon as she gets in the bath tub? She still giggles and gets very excited when she spots Maddie for the first time each evening. She has some killer dance moves right now, as well.

Since I've been a bad blogger lately, probably because we haven't had much going on, I thought I'd put up a few random pictures. I really need to load more onto the computer- I swear I take pictures!

Jordan still loves her bananas and is now proud of being able to hold it herself. As evidenced by the panda in the background, we are still doing breathing treatments.

Look ma! I managed to fit your size 8 boots on Daddy's size 13 feet!

Trying sledding for the first time when it was almost 60 degrees. There was just enough snow left in Robert's front yard for sledding. After the sled tipped over and Jordan fell out, she wasn't so into it. Maybe next year...


This shirt speaks for itself. Of course, I got the "Here Comes Trouble" shirt for my own amusement, but Jordan was in a good mood the morning she wore it, so I had to take pictures. Here she actually smile on cue, which amazed me. She still only has front teeth and molars on the bottom but has a mess of teeth on the top now. Poor thing cries brushing her teeth now because she is probably in pain, though part of it is a control issue because we insist on brushing before we let her loose with the toothbrush. I have no clue where she would get any control issues from ;)

I think my dad is going to come up for a quick visit this weekend. Since Jordan hasn't seen him in 6 months, I'm curious to see how she does with him. She has the stranger danger thing going on right now, which is good in most situations but a bit awkward with neighbors and family she rarely sees. We are also going to check out Pump Up the Fun which is a place filled with blow up slides and the like. Jordan loved playing in Zach's blow up jump thing this weekend, so I'm hoping she'll get on some of the stuff, even if it means Dave and I going down with her.
On a side note, I am officially signed up to sell Kelly's Kids clothes now. I think Kim and/or Jenny are going to host a party or 2 and my mom is going to host one, as well. If you would like to host a catalog party or a real party (and are in my area- sorry Carrie and Elizabeth), let me know. You can also just order stuff online using my Rep # 113531.



3 comments:

Stacy said...

I've been to Pump up the Fun for a birthday party and it is tons of fun. You and your husband definitely need to play also. I think your little girl will have a blast.

Anonymous said...

KATE,THAT PICTURE(HOLDING THE BABY BOOK) IS ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST PICTURE OF HER!!!MY HAY FEVER KICKED IN.YOU KNOW? THE TEARS!?!?!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

I know I'm way late on this, but I cannot believe how old Jordan is looking! She's a little girl, not a baby!