Saturday, March 21, 2009

Valentine's and a baby shower

For the first Valentine's day when Jordan was old enough to give Valentine's to her daycare friends, we fixed up little buckets of treats, bubbles and Valentines colored by Jordan. Of course, coloring Crayola valentine's wasn't enough, so Jordan covered the backs of the cards with stickers. At least she had a good time making her valentines.

She also liked the toys and clothes Nana and Bo bo brought her for Valentine's day. Instead of the talking toy I had when I was little that involved pulling the string and hearing the appropriate animal noise, Jordan got the princess version that involves a throne, magic wand, mirror and other princess related items.

Last month I attended a baby shower for girls I grew up with. They are twins who are both pregnant right now. Each is having a boy, so there was a ton of blue at the shower. It was held in my old high school cafeteria where I haven't stepped foot in about 10 years. Jordan joined me toward the end and was pretty good until it was time to leave. Since she wanted to run down the long hallway, she threw herself in the floor pitching a fit as I was dragging her to the car. She looked so cute in the overalls and shirt Nana got for her that I had to take her picture. Of course as soon as I got the camera out, her face turned red and she started straining. She definitely has my timing.
At least I got 1 good smiling picture of her.

Think she was tired of the picture taking?


See you later...






2 comments:

Jenny said...

What nice treat baskets- I didn't actually see them before. And she is adorable in those little overalls!

CBRESQ said...

I like the overalls. I cannot get over how long her hair is. Poor Vivo's hair seems like it is never going to grow. They are growing up quick.