Sunday, March 29, 2009

Update and Aunt Dinky's birthday

Several weeks ago Jordan, my mom, Bo bo and I went to my Aunt Dinky's house for her birthday. I confess we don't spend as much time with Mom's family as we should, but I'm sure you all know how that goes. My aunt is 16 years older than my mom and is literally old enough to be my grandmother, especially since her oldest grandchild is a year older than I am. My uncle has 2 work horses in the barn a little walk from their house. Although Jordan has seen drawings and pictures of horses, this was her first experience with the real thing. Of course, since they are work horses, they are very large, which scared Jordan.


When we were finished with the horses and heading back to the car, Jordan finally decided she liked her Great Aunt Dinky and wanted to hold her hand. Of course, this was after she threw herself on the ground because she wanted to walk across a little foot bridge rather than me carrying her across it, so she was finished with me.

This is as close as the horses came, and Jordan still got scared. Since they are about 10 times her size, I can see how that would be scary.





Now for the update on the health issues. Yesterday morning I was running errands and Dave was putting Jordan in the bathtub. Since she isn't cooperative with the warm compresses, she has been getting 2-3 baths per day to draw out the infection, so I think she likes that part of things. When Dave undressed her he saw that the thing had started draining on it own, so we don't need to have it opened with a scalpel. We debated on having it cultured and decided we should, so we went to an urgent care location and were happily surprised to be in and out of there in about 30 minutes. We should have the results back on Tuesday, though they may be inconclusive due to the use of the antibiotic. The red place on her leg is a lot smaller than it was on Thursday when we went to see the pediatrician, and it doesn't seem to be bothering her nearly as much now. She is definitely none too happy when we go anywhere close to touching it though- not that I blame her.
Kim and Jenny hosted my first Kelly's Kids party last night, and it was a success. I'm going to have 2 more parties while I have the clothes, so hopefully I'll make a little moo-la and get some free clothes for Jordan through the party my mom is hosting. The clothes in the kit are so adorable! It is hard to choose which ones I like most! Thanks Kim and Jenny for hosting!




No comments: