Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bye, bye butt tree

Up until a few weeks ago we had an abundance of trees around our house. Believe me, there are still plenty, but we had to thin out the herd. Several months ago our 6 year old neighbor said he wanted to go around the side of the house to see if something was still there. When I asked him what it was, he said there was a tree that he and the former owner's daughter called the butt tree. You can see for yourself exactly why this tree got its nickname. I found out later that it wasn't just the kids who called it the butt tree but the adult neighbor with teenage children across the cul de sac, as well. Since the butt tree was apparently dead, it had to go, too.

The 2nd day of tree cutting at the house, this is what I came home to find. These are 2 trees (only 2) that were out front loading front of the house and the cul de sac with pollen and leaves. We had both of the stumps ground down so we can have a decent little hillside. Of course, I'm going to turn around and plant a tree there that will stay MUCH smaller.

And these are some of the limbs cut up from those 2 trees.

And the truck parked out back with the boom resting on the butt tree after the top had been removed. Don't ask me why because I really don't understand either.

Not much else going on here except getting ready for Easter. I'm sure there will be lots of Easter pics to post, but I had to share the butt tree with you for my own amusement!



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Bye Bye butt tree!!! How funny.
Miss Ainsley had strep throat. We have the whole thing worked out between the houses...we sell ours by June 1st and we get to buy the other one. Stressful!! But exciting. It worked out for you guys so I am hoping it works for us! Kisses to Jordan and the furry ones.