Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Officially on the market

So, as of a few minutes ago, our house is officially listed with a realtor. We have a real estate sign in the front yard and a lock box on the front door. While I really hope this place sells quickly so we can get the other house much closer to work and our hometown, it is still a little sad since we put so much work into this house. There really are a lot of things to love about this house, especially the general feeling you get when you walk in the front door. I guess we can make any house feel like a home eventually though.

First, here is the basement after the little incident from November. It is nice to say it has brand new carpet and was freshly painted, but it stunk listing that incident on the real estate disclosure. I must say that the new white baseboards look a thousand times better than the ones that were in there previously.


And the kitchen. We spent hours painting the cabinets, though the baby blue was quite lovely before we painted them. I have to also say that I don't miss the white counter tops that showed every spill and stain so well or the fake tile wallpaper that the previous owner thought made a lovely back splash. It did match the fake blue and gray brick linoleum floor well, though.


And last but not least, the back patio. I went all over town to find galvanized picture hanging wire to hang the iron wall grille from that beam. I'm still not sure where I came up with the idea to buy and hang that, but I really like how it turned out. Then Mom was nice enough to sew my sunbrella fabric to make the outdoor curtains. The pillows on the Adirondack chairs started the whole project rolling in my mind. Thanks Tuesday Morning for those, though Kim tells me that the only local Tuesday Morning is now closed.


There was your non-Jordan random stroll down memory lane because I just wanted to share. Keep your fingers crossed and send us luck that we get this house sold so we can move in the next couple of months. More importantly, wish us luck that we can finish cleaning up and keep this place clean for it to sell (since those of you who truly know me know that I am not exactly the neatest person)!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU keep a house clean??? As a former roomate, with many pictures of your version of clean, I wish you luck. Just blame it all on Jordan and Dave! Megan

Anonymous said...

Keeping things straighten up will definitely be the biggest challenge you will face in the next couple of months!!! haha...But, I have faith in you (maybe mostly in Dave) that you guys can do it!

Good luck, I'm sure it will sell quickly!

Jenny

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Good luck! I do not relish the thought of sometime in the future putting our house on the market. We'll have to move out before anyone can see it.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!! Your house will sell before you even have to clean it the first time!

Anonymous said...

p.s. that was me! Ha. Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I think it should sell quick. Your house is cute and you have done a good job decorating inside so that will definitely help. Good luck and I personally do not trust someone who has a totally clean house - it is just not natural:) Take care. Carrie