Sunday, January 27, 2008

On the mend

Since Tuesday Jordan has finished a 3 day course of steroids and has had a number of breathing treatments with the penguin nebulizer. She tolerated both pretty well. She isn't coughing much at all now, though I think Dave and I are getting a version of RSV, which in adults is supposed to be just like a cold. I figured there were only so many times she could cough and sneeze on me until I got something, too. Other than fighting sleep, she has been a happy little girl throughout this one. I ask you- does this look like the face of a sick child?


On Tuesday, we tried to let Jordan sleep in her bouncy seat because the pediatrician's office said to have her as upright as possible at night. Since she isn't a fan of her car seat or the swing, we tried the bouncy. I laid the love seat cushions in the floor to sleep beside her, which lasted until around 11pm. On Wednesday Jordan fell asleep with me holding her, so I laid her down on the cushions that were still in the floor. Of course, her eyes opened wide as soon as her head hit the cushions. She was in a good mood, so I got out the camera. By some miracle, she fell asleep on her own on the cushions and took about a 2 hour nap.

If you look closely at both of these pictures, you can see the scratch on Jordan's cheek which was a day care incident. One of the girls who works at the day care accidentally scratched Jordan's face and clearly felt terrible about it when I picked Jordan up.

Also, 3 groups of people had appointments to see the house yesterday. According to our realtor, someone is writing an offer today, so please keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Paula said...

That is great about the house and I am very happy to hear about Jordan getting better. Mark has been coughing his head off so I think Lydia has given it to him. I made her sick back in December so I have stopped letting her eat after me..I guess that is why I did not get it. She is not getting better...now junk is in her nose adn the cough is worse. She won't sleep b/c she cannot suck on her pacifier...fun time in the Hatten household..oh did I mention she is getting a tooth too?