Monday, September 24, 2007

First sponge bath

These pictures are from Jordan's first sponge bath a little over a week ago. Since her cord was and is still on, we haven't tried a real bath yet. This sequence shows the uncertainty before the bath....

The not so favorable reaction during the bath...

And the excitement and relief after the bath when we were drying her off with one of her hooded towels.
I'm happy to report that we gave her another sponge bath yesterday, and it went much better. I really hope she likes real baths when we reach that point.

On a side note, Jordan met her uncle JC on Saturday. His mature reaction was fear of the umbilical cord and comments that it looked like goose poop. He wouldn't even hold her. Such a wuss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That second picture is priceless!! I am glad she wasn't so upset at the end. She is such a pretty baby. Give her kisses for me!!

Elizabeth

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Love the pics! I think you lie about that baby girl, she was a little angel for me! :)

And Emma declared that last night's taco meat looked like poopy. My mother in law had to convince her it was in fact food.